Thursday, January 7, 2010

A New Year's 'YES!!!'


The New Year was welcomed in with many happy and joyous smiles here -- just a wee bit past midnight on January 1st, my beloved best friend got on bended knee and asked the question I thought I'd never hear. With fireworks sounding off in the background, I accepted his proposal and he slipped a stunningly beautiful ring on my finger......... picturesque, no??

Well, here are the 'behind the scenes' details: We were at my apartment doing a frozen pizza and movie night... the roads were covered with a horrid deposit of white fluff (I've had enough snow to last me a long while) and thus plans to eat out had been canceled. Further more, I was totally oblivious to Justin's covert mission for the evening...and so the movie we ended up watching before the clock struck midnight was none other than... 'How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days'.

For some reason, the standard commentary disclaimer that rolls at the start of a film keeps popping into my head... 'Any views or opinions expressed in interviews or commentaries do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of the bride-to-be'...as Kate Hudson's portrayal of Andy Anderson's rather psychotic attempts to 'lose her guy' thoroughly disturbed the groom-to-be.

The good news is Justin still proposed after watching two hours of psycho-female-relationship-disasters.....

Ahh... *sigh* Did I happen to mention I'm engaged?? ((my sister tuned that question out two weeks ago))

Well, I am engaged...engaged to be married to the world's most amazing man...my best friend, Justin. And so I decided to blog about my year of betrothal...the ups and downs of planning a wedding...blog in retrospect of the last (nearly) five years of our friendship and falling in love...document and journal every step of the way.

For I only intend to be engaged once...plan a wedding once...because Justin is the love of my life...and yet a lifetime together couldn't begin to be long enough. <3

~Jodi

2 comments:

Hosanna said...

Jodi - planning a wedding is so much fun! Enjoy every minute. I did!
I wanted a Christmas wedding my whole life! I had it all planned - colors, flowers, music, food, location, horse drawn buggy, caroling all the way to the reception carrying candles - all I needed was a guy, and a dress.
And when I got my guy, we got engaged at Christmas. Circumstances were such that a Christmas wedding was not going to happen. I had no back up ideas!
I had to start all over!
We ended up having the greatest springtime "Woodland", fairy type of ordeal. I loved it. But - I did it in 12 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway....

Jodi Eliza said...

You should share some of your 'Christmas wedding' ideas! :) I've always wanted one, too, but it didn't look like I'd get it until last minute. It took some compromise on my part, too...a year-long engagement! I can't imagine planning a wedding in 12 weeks...you must be Super Woman! ;)

I need to change the settings on here to notify me when there's new comments...I just found your comment today...dur...