Sunday, January 31, 2010

The top 12 finalists...

A Sunday afternoon spent browsing through potential bridesmaid dresses has yielded this crop of beauties... now the decision making process begins!!

The wedding is starting to take on a classic elegance theme, more than romantic formal.

Of course, these are just dress design ideas. The colors aren't necessarily part of the wedding color palette. Most likely, however, I will have the bridesmaids dresses either burgundy or chocolate, with cream or champagne/gold accents.

~**~**~**~**~

Here is dress #1... very classy, with a feminine off-the-shoulder look...I also love the way the skirt has an overlayed/wrap-around look...


Dress #2...reminiscent of Regency design (think Jane Austen) with a lovely empire waist and soft puffed sleeves...


Dress #3...I like the way it gathers up under the bust...


Dress #4...simple, feminine...


Dress #5...perhaps bordering on too formal, but lovely nonetheless...


Dress #6...strapless...loving the bow tied at the waist...


Dress #7... classic...


Dress #8...a wee bit flirty...love the flowing skirt...


Dress #9...one of my favorites...looks like it belongs on a queen. :)


Dress #10...if you removed the bow, THEN I'd be head over heels for this one...


Dress #11...similar to 2 and 4...


And finally, dress #12...the Maid of Honor's favorite thus far...


So help me out here! Leave a comment and chime in on which dress is YOUR favorite! :)

2 comments:

Hosanna said...

Ohhhhh......lovely.... how will you ever choose?! These are all so lovely.
My bridesmaids and sisters, all different sizes and shapes, griped at EVERY CHOICE for bridesmaid's dresses I made. :)
Since we had a mid- morning wedding, semi-formal, vintage style Garden wedding, and it was supposed to be outdoors (LONG STORY - it ended up being indoors...) We all finally settled on light blue linen vintage style skirts, and I let them all choose a vintage style white top. Then they all chose a hat, and wore white gloves. I had bought them all matching jewelry, as well...It ended up looking great and they were happy.

Jodi Eliza said...

That sounds so pretty, Hosanna! I've heard of brides who just choose the color they'd like their bridesmaid's to wear, and then each attendant can choose her own dress design. I suppose it could work with some weddings (like the more semi-formal ones), but with other, more formal weddings, it could look uncoordinated. I think my bridesmaids are stuck with dress #1...I really do love it. :)